Life Keeps Coming Up CHOCOLATE...



As if I didn’t already savor and swallow copious quantities of chocolate (and countless cups of coffee) over the holidays, in this New Year, life keeps coming up "chocolate". Yes, right here at the start of all-things-healthy, and in the midst of resolution lists, I’ve resolved to focus on chocolate… 

Well, sort of. I mean, I had you at the mere mention of it, right?
  • Just when I'd started my diet, a friend handed me a gift with imprinted words, "Chocolate Fixes Everything" - and I couldn't argue. (And in this New Year, I have so much I'd like to "fix" - how about you?!) - Keep reading! ;-)
  • Then social media surprised me with one of those anniversary posts, celebrating my publisher's early release of my "Living a Chocolate Life" Bible study. (Funny timing, right?!) 
  • Friends shared posts pertaining to chocolate. One even sent me breaking news sharing more health benefits of dark chocolate (see, I knew this would work with my New Year's goals...): "Chocolate May Be A Better Cough Suppressant..."
  • My publicist reminded me it's "National Chocolate-something Day" and I celebrated again...of course. 
  • And we’re only weeks away from the airing of Nebraska Public Television’s Chocolate Life documentary 

So you see, life keeps coming up "chocolate"...I'd better roll with it.

Virtual chocolate (like the sweet image above) grabs our attention, even when we’re not grabbing an actual bite – or even when we are. Why?

Maybe it’s simply something that makes us smile. We relate to it (and to its tempting qualities…). We revel in its beauty; we know its aroma and taste. Chocolate is rich. Sweet. Satisfying. And chocolate gifts can be lavish – even extravagant. (Don't even get me started...)

So, my friends, for the next few weeks, let’s talk chocolate. Wait…better yet, let’s talk about topics our favorite confection can take us to…

  • Temptation...and Sweet Surrender


  • Savoring God's Sweet Grace...When Life's Left a Bitter Taste


  • Seeking Satisfaction

So maybe chocolate doesn't "fix" everything...but by way of sweet chocolate analogy, we go to the One who can...and does. We search His Word; we seek His strength; we trust Him.

If you’ve sampled my Chocolate Life devotional or savored the Living a Chocolate Life Bible study, you’ve touched on some of these topics. We’re going to dig in a little differently.

Will you “resolve” to follow me as I lead you down a chocolate-rich road? We’ll savor nuggets of God’s Word as we explore some timely and tough topics. Look for blog posts and social media posts with: Scripture, devotions, questions, …and even the occasional recipe.  Comment, chat with me, ask questions…We’ll look at life – your chocolate life – in the light of God’s grace.

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!" Psalm 34:8

No comments:

Post a Comment